Körber Supply Chain LLC
Join the home for entrepreneurs!
Firmware Controls Engineer
Körber is the home for passionate people who innovate, collaborate and love what they do. Entrepreneurial spirit is our joint DNA. We develop future technologies and support talents to deploy their skills and reach their full potential. We combine our strong heritage with our understanding for local specifics and a global mindset to bring people together and create valuable solutions for our customers. We aim for being the first to do the right thing at the right time.
Join the home for entrepreneurs!
Your role in our team
• You will work with multiple cross functional engineering teams (Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Simulation and Test), to design, develop, and commission the next generation of logistics products
• You will interface and work directly with customers on requirements, and project managers to coordinate technical project activities.
• You will design and implement complex systems that integrate hardware and software that meet challenging schedules with reliable cost considerations.
• You will solve complex technical and logistics issues for ongoing projects.
• You will perform reviews of customers’ standards specification documentation to determine system technical and functional requirements.
• You will update engineering specifications as they relate to individual products and total sorting system solutions, as well as maintaining working knowledge of third-party supplied equipment.
• You will perform presentations of complex technical topics and effectively introduce for customers and project management.
• You will plan and execute verification activities including specification reviews, design reviews, code reviews, unit (white box) tests, function (black box) tests, integration tests, ad hoc debugging and HW/SW interface debugging.
• You will contribute in the development of technical proposals which may include engineering drawings, conceptual layouts, component specifications, detailed deployment schedules, etc.
• You will ensure discipline related technical processes, procedures, and best practices are complied with in engineering activities.
• You have a BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• You have a minimum of two (2)+ years’ experience in technical design and development
• You are proficient in development of embedded system in C/C++.
• You have a familiarity with development and implementation of FPGA, PLC program development (e.g. Allen Bradley, Siemens S7, etc.), GUI/HMI design and development is a plus.
• You have a familiarity with Microsoft Office products, version control (e.g. TFS) and standardized problem tracking tools (e.g. JIRA).
• You have experience working with mail and parcel customers to develop automation will be preferred.
Your working environment at Körber
Körber Supply Chain LLC, headquartered in Irving, TX (USA), is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation. Digitization, software solutions, and customer services along the entire product life cycle complete the portfolio. Our dedicated team of highly-trained employees offers flexible and innovative solutions to meet our customers’ needs consistently.
• You will receive a competitive salary including a potential for bonuses
• You have access to competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
• You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with international clients and colleagues
• You will have a fun casual, and flexible work environment
Can you see yourself in this profile? Then Körber is the right place for you. We look forward to getting to know you!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Körber Supply Chain is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit jobs.koerber.com.