InPost has acquired a 30% equity stake and 30% voting rights in Menzies in an all-cash transaction for £49.3m (US$63m). The Polish parcel locker giant has a three-year option to acquire the remaining 70% equity stake, exercisable at any time during the option period. InPost adds that it will have two non-executive seats on the Menzies Board of Directors.
Menzies sports a national network of over 100 depots that sees it deliver to over 47,000 locations every day, stresses InPost.
Menzies also provides newstrade distribution services, B2B final mile parcel delivery, and full load transportation and warehousing solutions. The business employs approximately 5,000 people and runs more than 3,200 vehicles.
In this latest episode of Last Mile Prophets, Marek Różycki of Last Mile Experts, alongside new co-host Gary Winter, VP Global Strategic Initiatives at Quadient, delve into the motives behind the deal and discuss what it could mean for the UK market as a whole.