Royal Mail recently announced plans to cut about 10,000 full-time staff positions over the coming 12 months. Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
- Royal Mail’s trading update
- ‘Rightsizing’ the business… a euphemism for sacking people?
- RoyalMail targeting ‘operational’ roles for elimination
- Is this a precursor to Royal Mail engaging more delivery contractors?
- Has Royal Mail exhausted the efficiency gains to be made by reducing headcount at headquarters?
- Reducing the influence of unions?
- Restructuring last-mile operations
- Shifting the discussion from pay and conditions to whether or not workers will have a job this time next year
- Post Office Ltd
- Delivery drones!
- Will the letters service be renationalized?
Follow Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn.
Ian Kerr is the founder and host of the Postal Hub Podcast, the weekly podcast for the postal and delivery sectors.
Marek Różycki is managing partner at Last Mile Experts, specializing in CEP and e-commerce last-mile advisory.