Amazon has announced Buy with Prime, which will extend Prime shopping to online stores other than Amazon. It will allow other retailers to offer an Amazon Prime-like experience at checkout. Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
- Why Buy With Prime is an extension of the marketplace concept
- Benefits of Prime in terms of increased sales
- What will it mean for parcel volumes?
- Who will carry the parcels? Will most parcels be carried by Amazon?
- Will third-party carriers or other marketplaces miss out?
- How much more data will retailers hand over?
- Making the Amazon Prime proposition more attractive
- Do postal operators need to take a greater interest in setting up a 3PL fulfilment business?
- The importance of customer experience in last mile delivery
- Risks to postal operators of offering low quality delivery experience
Want the Last Mile Prophets to run a workshop for you on Understanding Amazon in the last mile? Complete this form: http://www.thepostalhub.com/amazon-wo…