Drivr, a startup company based in Santa Cruz, California, has announced the launch of its cashless tipping solution in the Onfleet Integrations Marketplace, an app store that provides solutions for delivery optimization.
Using Onfleet messaging tools, Drivr sends a single link that opens a variety of new functions to improve the delivery experience for delivery drivers and customers alike. This includes everything from estimated times of package arrival to delivery notes. For merchants, Drivr also provides a management portal to make it easy to see recent tips, run reports for payroll, change settings and adjust customizations.
Features now or soon to be available to Onfleet customers via the Drivr Delivery Success program include:
- Tipping: If the customer wants to add a tip, they have a simple, cashless option that supports mobile wallets, making tipping as simple as one tap. Drivr handles all payment remittances and reports back to the merchant for processing with their normal payroll.
- Notes and instructions (coming soon): Customers can put in gate codes and delivery preferences, and alert the driver if there’s an animal or other hazards to be aware of. These preferences are saved for the next time this customer uses the company’s services and are automatically placed into the driver’s Onfleet app to view when they deliver.
- Rescheduling (coming soon): If the customer knows they cannot receive the delivery, they have the option to request a reschedule. Drivr automatically removes the order from the delivery driver’s tasks and the company has complete flexibility to reschedule.
- Drop-off photo (coming soon): Customers will receive the delivery photo taken by the driver. They can see where their package was dropped off, so they know the delivery has been completed at the correct location.
- Ratings and feedback (coming soon): A simple tool for collecting feedback from customers, helping the merchant improve driver efficiency, implement company policy and increase customer satisfaction.
“Drivr was founded to improve the experience for last-mile drivers and service providers, in addition to the end customer. Onfleet shares that same goal,” said Sol Lipman, CEO and co-founder of Drivr. “Working with Onfleet and its partners makes it possible to alleviate some of the challenges facing last-mile delivery drivers, merchants and customers.”
“We are always on the lookout for solutions that provide benefits for our customers and consumers in their delivery experience,” said Chris Garrison, director of enterprise sales and strategic partnerships at Onfleet. “Drivr’s tipping solution in particular addresses an appreciated value-add for last-mile delivery drivers. Now last-mile delivery companies can empower end customers to validate drivers’ hard work in a simple step.”
For more last-mile news, please click here.