FedEx has launched its first data-driven commerce platform, fdx, that offers end-to-end e-commerce solutions for all businesses – in one place.
According to FedEx, fdx is the only platform of its kind to connect the entire commerce journey, helping its customers to increase conversion, optimize fulfillment and streamline returns.
Raj Subramaniam, FedEx Corporation president and CEO, commented, “FedEx is transforming into a digitally led business powered by our extensive physical transportation network, leveraging our scale and insights from moving 15 million packages per day.
“Through fdx, we will enhance our longstanding relationships with merchants of all sizes to help them optimize and grow their businesses through digital intelligence.”
By providing data and insights that improve visibility and connected capabilities across the customer journey, fdx will help merchants make more strategic logistics decisions from point of demand to delivery and returns.
The platform brings together existing and new FedEx capabilities for customers. The following digital capabilities are available today to help merchants:
- Grow consumer demand. Connect with high-value customers through the ShopRunner member network.
- Increase conversion. Share estimated delivery dates and time window updates throughout the shopping experience – on product pages, in cart and at checkout to increase delivery transparency and encourage conversion.
- Improve visibility and control of shipments. See shipments in near real time to make informed decisions and manage risk through FedEx Surround.
- Understand carbon emissions impact. Access detailed carbon emissions data through FedEx Sustainability Insights to help make more sustainable supply chain decisions.
- Streamline returns. Streamline, configure and manage digital front-end return experiences, data exchange and physical transportation for returns in one platform.
The official launch of the fdx platform is planned for autumn 2024, although private previews are available on request. Additional digital capabilities that will be part of the fdx launch later this year include:
- Optimize order fulfillment. Integrate real-time FedEx network insights into order management systems. This will help surface optimal shipping routes and speeds for more efficient, cost-effective deliveries.
- Create a custom post-purchase experience. Match brand standards from order tracking to returns. This capability will provide transparency with delivery dates and accurate shipment updates.
For more FedEx news, click here