Quadient introduces latest distribution system for college campuses

LinkedIn +

Quadient, a North American smart locker provider for colleges and universities, has introduced its latest Campus Hub solution. The company claims this will allow institutions to seamlessly manage the receiving and distribution of goods across departments and campuses for students, faculty, staff and carriers on one unified platform.

Quadient states that on-campus package management issues have been exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting surge in online shopping. As a result, many college and university campuses are experiencing high package volumes year-round. The demand for contactless pick-up options is also on the rise, with 87% of consumers preferring contact-free check-out options.

This is where the Campus Hub comes into play. It features Quadient’s Web Tracking System (WTS) including Parcel Pending’s intelligent hardware – claimed to be an industry first – to provide full chain of custody for all goods and assets distributed and received across campus. This includes student mail and packages, tech equipment and accessories, library materials, campus store merchandise, food delivery, move-in and move-out materials, and more.

“This new solution truly reflects the synergies created since Quadient’s acquisition of Parcel Pending in 2019, leveraging the best experiences and technology know-how from both organizations,” said Daniel Malouf, chief solution officer, Parcel Locker Solutions at Quadient. “It also speaks volumes about the many other synergistic opportunities that lie within the different parts of our organization. We will continue to push ourselves to look for new ways to deliver best-in-class solutions for our customers.”

Approximately 80% of all online orders and packages, including groceries, medication, bedding, dorm room decor and more can be delivered to a parcel locker. Campus Hub allows colleges and universities to use the same technology to track the other 20% of items that do not go into a locker.

“Campus Hub is more than just a locker that can store mail and packages. It can be used as an exchange point for various items and goods,” stated Christopher O’Brien, EVP of Parcel Pending by Quadient. “This is a great solution for colleges and universities that are struggling to do more with less staff and resources. Smart lockers are proven to reduce labor resources demanded by package management by as much as a third. Campus Hub helps colleges and universities maximize their space while also providing the visibility, security and efficiency they need during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond.”

Share this story:

About Author

mm
, web editor

Lawrence has been covering engineering subjects – with a focus on motorsport technology – since 2007 and has edited and contributed to a variety of international titles. Currently, he is responsible for content across UKI Media & Events' portfolio of websites while also writing for the company's print titles.

Comments are closed.