Are you an Engineer ready for the next step and willing to contribute to our growing market? We are looking for talents to strengthen our Business Unit Material Handling!
System Engineer at AWL
Within the Business Unit Material Handling, we are developing a completely new business for AWL. High-tech mechatronics in the challenging Material handling environment with extreme growth and demanding automation. We are working to develop fully autonomous solutions with vision-guided technology to support and reduce repetitive heavy tasks.
As a System Engineer, you are a key factor in the development process. You will be focusing on engineering for automated logistics systems and optimized solutions for our customers to achieve higher productivity.
This requires to be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple technical tasks at once.
More about your role…
In the role as a System Engineer it is your main responsibility to translate the customer needs and user requirements to technical solutions and test protocols. You are the owner of the product architecture and closely cooperate with a team of professionals who will implement your design. You oversee functionalities and feasibility from a Mechanical, Hardware, and Software perspective. Due to your strong drive to learn, curiosity about innovative technologies and analytical skills you offer deepen guidance in complex technical projects that transcend multiple disciplines. Furthermore:
– Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to
– Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or
implementing innovative technical solutions to complex never
be solved before problems;
– Designing machine safety and documenting it;
– Strong stakeholder management and technical communication
with both technical and non-technical peers;
– Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations
and failure mode analysis in large complex systems;
– Identify and mitigate possible risks in an early stage;
– Understanding of design for scalability, performance and
– Providing technical support in various areas. For example, in
the preparation of control engineering design standards and
– Partnering with the Project Manager. Together you are
responsible for the final acceptance and implementation.
What do we expect?
– A completed Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably towards
Industrial Automation, Software Engineering, Mechatronics or
– At least 4-8 years’ experience in a comparable position in a
– Able to keep on abstraction level the overview of the system
– A cooperative mindset and enthusiasm to work
multidisciplinary and internationally;
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both
verbally and in writing in Dutch and English.
What do we offer:
– A good salary between the €4.000,- and €6.000,- gross per
month and a challenging workplace that encourages your
creativity and development;
– A suitable (secondary) benefits package (by the Collective
Labor Agreement for the Metal Electro) with 27 vacation days
and 13 adv days;
– The ability to work flexibly;
– Autonomy and responsibility;
– Access to our own AWL Academy with >50 training programs.
Are you our new colleague?
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Rene Versteeg, Team Leader Engineering, on phone number 0341 411 811 and for questions regarding the procedure, please contact Priya Jhorai, Corporate Recruiter, on 06-30804062.
To apply for this job please visit careers.awl.nl.