More and more #supermarket chains are partnering with delivery and e-commerce companies to install parcel lockers in supermarket branches. Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) and Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) analyze the trend, including:
- #Lidl and Lietuvos paštas (Lithuanian Post) partnering
- An Post and Lidl, #Amazon and PAM Supermarkets, Australia Post and #Woolworths, InPost
- Why these partnerships are essential to solving capacity problems
- Should the lockers be carrier neutral or carrier agnostic?
- Who should load the lockers? All carriers or just one driver?
- Locker location: indoors or outdoors?
- Customer access to the lockers
- Supermarket opening hours
- Practical considerations for loading lockers
- Driver access to the parcel lockers
- Maximizing parcels per stop
- Who will be the winner?
- Access to residential parcel lockers
- Retailers hosting parcel lockers
- Allocating space and access to hosted parcel lockers
- Click and collect, and returns
- Interactive Delivery Management (IDM)
- Will screens be a thing of the past for parcel lockers?
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/