Amazon is expanding the availability of in-garage delivery via Amazon Key to another 4,000 US cities. Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) and Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) analyze this development:
- Why garages are a safe unattended delivery option
- Technical requirements
- Delivery options at checkout
- Big, heavy parcels (e.g. tyres, washing machine) can be delivered to the garage
- Delivering food into a fridge in the garage
- What will other retailers and carriers do?
- Could Google Home be a part of delivery?
- Monetized delivery to neighbour
- Amazon Fresh (Whole Foods Market) delivery in-garage
- First-time delivery with smart lock enabled services
- Signature on delivery
- Proof-of-age for restricted products
- Delivering parcels to the concierge room (in apartment blocks)
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/las…