Royal Mail Group is considering separating its UK Royal Mail business from its GLS business.
Royal Mail says it is losing £1m (US$1.2m) per day, and if the situation doesn’t improve it will look to separate the businesses. Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) and Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) discuss:
– What GLS is and how it fits into Royal Mail Group’s business
– Comparisons with DPDgroup and Deutsche Post DHL
– Royal Mail losing £1m (US$1.2m) per day
– Changing the holding company name to International Distributions Services plc
– Why Royal Mail and GLS might be separated
– Royal Mail and imminent CWU industrial action
– The competitive UK parcel delivery network
– GLS expansion outside Europe
– How the CWU might react to Royal Mail’s announcement
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn
Ian Kerr is the founder and host of the Postal Hub Podcast, the weekly podcast for the postal and delivery sectors.
Marek Różycki is managing partner at Last Mile Experts, specializing in CEP and e-commerce last-mile advisory.