Deutsche Post is on track to reduce emissions by carrying more parcels on trains powered by green electricity. Ian Kerr and Marek Różycki (Last Mile Prophets) discuss Deutsche Post’s partnership with Deutsche Bahn.
Topics discussed include:
- Deutsche Post DHL and DB Cargo expanding their collaboration.
- More parcels will be carried by rail in Germany.
- Replacing trucks with trains.
- Environmental benefits of carrying parcels by train.
- Deutsche Post DHL’s aim to reduce emissions.
- Trains running on 100% renewable electricity.
- The trade-off between fast and green.
- Cross-border shipments by rail, in particular high-speed trains.
- EU potential bans on short flights.
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn
Ian Kerr is the founder and host of the Postal Hub Podcast, the weekly podcast for the postal and delivery sectors.
Marek Różycki is managing partner at Last Mile Experts, specializing in CEP and e-commerce last-mile advisory.