Canada Post and Royal Mail have recently announced sustainability targets. Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) and Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) discuss:
- Canada Post’s plans to reach net zero by 2050
- Entire Canada Post fleet of 14,000 vehicles to be fully electric by 2040
- Interim target of 50% electric fleet by 2030
- Royal Mail’s environmental pledge
- Greenwashing in the delivery sector
- Driver education as a key component of reducing fuel consumption and emissions
- Reporting emissions or environmental impact of each parcel
- Speed of delivery versus emissions
- ‘Green’ last mile delivery options
- Electric trucks
- EV charging infrastructure
- Contracted delivery fleets
- Shipping air!
- Solar panels on sorting and distribution centers
Read more from Last Mile Prophets on sustainability in the postal and delivery sectors here:
- Green Last Mile Report
- Environmental impact of e-commerce delivery
- COP26 and implications for the delivery world
- Electric delivery vehicles and the US Postal Service
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn
Ian Kerr is the founder and host of the Postal Hub Podcast, the weekly podcast for the postal and delivery sectors.
Marek Różycki is managing partner at Last Mile Experts, specializing in CEP and e-commerce last-mile advisory.