Amazon has announced Amazon Local Selling, enabling its sellers to offer in-store pickup and fast delivery to local customers. Marek Różycki and Ian Kerr discuss:
- Is this what eBay should have done years ago?
- Offering customers faster delivery via click-and-collect and local same-day delivery options at no extra charge.
- Giving visibility of local stock via Amazon marketplace.
- Sellers using their own delivery capacities.
- Value-added services, and competitors such as Enjoy Technology.
- Amazon enabling omnichannel retail.
- eBay parcel lockers and PUDOs.
- Is this announcement from Amazon a wake-up call for eBay?
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn
Ian Kerr is the founder and host of the Postal Hub Podcast, the weekly podcast for the postal and delivery sectors.
Marek Różycki is managing partner at Last Mile Experts, specializing in CEP and e-commerce last-mile advisory.